Thursday 13 November 2008

Wipe Your PPC, Watch Out!

I've been playing with my beloved PPC. Well, I shouldn't have put it that way.
Yes the boss just bought me an IPAQ 612 which is very cool, but the thing is I have been mocking around with exchange 2003 SP2 with FE-BE scenario with Activesync that never worked. I'll tell you guys about the story later, it's a long story, a hell of a story.

Last night I was very tired and upset about the whole activesync thing and intended to reset and would just call it a day. Well, after put back the config on exchange servers, I reset my PPC and I thought wipe it with mobileadmin would do it. Sync'ing the PPC with my laptop always got me back the phonebook though.

And i wiped it. And Geez, my HP IPAQ 612 took very very long time to reboot!. Off course I panicked. After about 5 minutes it didn't even boot to windows. And when it did, I've lost all my files. Not just phonebook and the messages, but the entire things that I already put in there, including the files in the memory stick (4 gigs microSD). Yup, all songs gone.

I knew this tools was supposed to be really good at doing the wipe thing for security purposes. I just did't know it was more cleaning than factory recovery or hard reset can do, because hard reset can only reset data on the phone not the memory stick.

So then I had to re-sync the PPC to my laptop, and put my files together again. Just made my day perfect..

No comments:

Followers